- Our auditor reviewed the 2013 audited financial statements with Council. Following a question-and-answer session, Council passed a motion to approve the statements. They’ll be published in late spring with our 2013 Annual Report.
- Council hopes to inspire members to join the College in its Green Initiatives. During this year’s membership renewal period, members can opt into electronic-only communications from the College. Those who check this option on their renewal report will get a one-time discount of 2% on their membership fees.
- Council approved an advertising guideline that’s consistent with the new Professional Misconduct Regulation. The guideline is available on the College website. You can find it at www.collegeoptom.on.ca/index.php/members/professional-practice/policies-guidelines.
- Council held a question-and-answer session with College legal counsel about the new Professional Misconduct Regulation. Guests at the meeting also had a chance to ask questions.
- Three revised OPR documents were approved for publication in the OPR. Revised documents include: OPR 5.1 The Patient Record; OPR 7.5 Patients with Hypertension; and 7.8 Shared Care in Refractive Surgery. A new document, OPR 7.11 Patients with Dry Eye Disease, was approved as well. We will notify members once the documents have been added to the OPR and are available on the College website. The OPR has been updated to reflect the new Professional Misconduct Regulation.
- Council discussed the evolution of eyewear dispensing. It has directed the Clinical Practice Panel to develop a list of checks and balances for members who are considering the use of the Internet to provide any part of their dispensing services.
The next Council meeting will be held Friday, June 6, 2014, at the College office, 65 St. Clair Ave. E., Suite 900, Toronto. Council meetings are open to the public, and members are welcome to attend.Leave a reply →