COVID-19 and Optometry Care
The College is in regular contact the Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care regarding novel coronavirus (COVID-19) in Ontario, and continues to provide updates relevant to optometry care as available.
Return to Work guidance is available here.
Updates from the College:
April 2020 Updates
- April 28: COVID-19 Update: Provincial framework for reopening Ontario; the College is developing guidance re: return to practice; virtual care allowed both urgent and non-urgent
- April 24: COVID-19 Update: Considerations re: return to practice planning
- April 16: COVID-19 Update: Reminder only care provided in person is urgent, with PPE; reminder to update PPE status; reminder Ministry matching portal
- April 13: COVID-19 Update: Extended emergency order and matching portal
- April 7: COVID-19 Update: Ensuring patients have access to care and clarifying telemedicine process and policy
- April 2: COVID-19 Update: No estimated date of return, reminder to update profile re: access to PPE, and report PPE to MOH
March 2020 Updates
COVID-19 Resources from the Ministry of Health and Public Health Ontario
- Self-assessment tool – if you have symptoms of COVID-19 or have been in contact with someone who has COVID-19, use this self-assessment tool to determine if you should seek further care.
- Resources on how to self-isolate, self-monitor, and cleaning and disinfecting public spaces.