• Find Urgent Eye Care

    Use the Public Register to find optometrists providing in-person, urgent care. Call the optometrist first.
  • Incorporation: Obtaining a Certificate of Authorization for a Professional Corporation

    Revised: Aug. 2009

    The process of incorporation for health professionals is unique to them and it is recommended that members consult with a lawyer familiar with health regulatory law and with an accountant prior to completing an application for a Certificate of Authorization.

    As a result of amendments to the Regulated Health Professions Act (RHPA) (including regulations), the Health Professions Procedural Code and the Business Corporations Act (BCA), regulated health professionals are now permitted to incorporate for the purpose of practising a health profession, providing they obtain Certificates of Authorization from their respective health profession Colleges. The new provisions outline the conditions and requirements that must be met in order to obtain a Certificate of Authorization from a College. A complete information package and application form are available on the College website at www.collegeoptom.on.ca.